Saturday, April 24, 2010

Colorado Tour Of Duty


Well, I have just returned tonight from Los Angeles from a 5 day junket. Fun was had by all! I have decided to chill for a few days in preparation for a 17 day trip to the beautiful State of Colorado. I haven't been there in about 15 years but I expect the rivers are running strong with a winter thaw coming faster every day. Colorado is a landscape photographers paradise ... so I think I might wear out some cameras on the weekends while I am there. I am going to try to bring you a peek of as much of Colorado as I can capture. Maybe I will even get photos of Tim Tebow filing his car with gas.
You can see the map above for my approximate travel route through Colorado. Your suggestions and tips are most welcome as I work my way through the mountains.
If you know people from Colorado or perhaps just people who like seeing mountains, rivers and open lands ... why not invite them to come along with us!
As always I want to thank you all for your kind comments and encouragement. I will begin posting photos again on Wednesday, April 28 from Colorado, the Centennial State.
Until then ... God bless!
NikonSniper Steve

18 comments:

Katherine said...

Well I don't know Colorado or anyone living in Colorado. I don't really have any tips but would say...take as many photos as you can...we will all love to see them. Have a safe trip Stephen!

sundownerin said...

ohhh, i like colorado, i was there in 1998 an in 1996. we traveld in a mobile home. i would really come with you...... but how should (wrong time but my english is too bad ) i come to the states??? lol... wish you a nice trip!!!

best wishes

Barbara said...

I love Colorado and have been there many times, will be anxious to revisit as you travel around. I do envy you this trip.

Barbara

Don and Krise said...

Safe travels Steve.

JM Vigil said...

Colorado Springs has been my home for the past 2 1/2 years and there is still so much I want to see and visit in this very photogenic state, looking forward to see what you capture.

becky said...

I'm jealous! You'll be traveling thru some amazing country! Looking forward to seeing your pics.
Safe Travels!!!
:)

Blue bird said...

Welcome to my Followers list. Very happy to see you here.
I am also a "Nikon lover" but don't have such fancy out fit.
Your photos are at the perfection level.
Thanks for "teaching" with your photographs!
I am Blue bird aka Julia

Unknown said...

sounds like a fantastic trip. can't wait to see the photos, as I have never been there.

Meredith said...

Very cool blog!I love Digital Photography - I love taking pictures in general. it's a great way to express yourself.

-Meredith

And thanks for following me on my blog :) I'm now following you on yours!

steveroni said...

I'd like to comment on each photo you put up here, but cannot--time problems. But I sure look forward to your Colorado shooting. Spent 10 days 6-7 miles up in a cabin, overlooking some of the most exquisitely beautiful vistas of mountain and color.

How can anyone live or visit there without knowing there is a higher Power which set it all into motion?

Thank you for following steveroni

Unknown said...

It was nice to meet you on the plane. You have reaffirmed my hope in humanity. Education and awareness of the world is the key. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Safe future travels.

~David from LAX to ORD

Dagmar said...

Gosh I'm not jealous at all...can we switch places please....
Have a lovely trip and I can't wait what you will share with me and the rest of the world from Colorado.
God bless you on your travelling.
Hugs Dagmar

Mhathy y Peggy said...

Hi, just want to say thank you for your nice comment on my blog. Have a great trip. Saludos desde Panamá... Mhathy

Sarah said...

Your photos are so awesome! I'm glad you stumbled upon my blog because now I have the opportunity to see your work! I look forward to stopping by often to see the new posts! Keep "sniping!" :)

Flutterby said...

Check out Bishop's Castle - totally amazing

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2047

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Hi Stephen! Thanks for following my blog. Looking forward to seeing some of your beautiful shots from Colorado. Have a great trip and say hi to Tebow if you see him!

NikonSniper said...

david,
it was great to talk to you as well on the plane. it makes long flights much easier to deal with.
nikonsniper steve ... from sterling, colorado tonight.

Raziff Lokman... said...

Me...from the other side of the world...wish to see those beautiful sceneries when you completes your Colorade adventure.

Enjoy the trip!