Sunday, October 31, 2010

Gettin' Skooled Up Again

If you have been following NikonSniper for some time, you will know that I have recently been trying to highlight photographers that I enjoy and believe are worthy of a greater following. There are hundreds and hundreds of you that impress me with your skill and photographic vision.
This month, drop in and say hello to Dagmar from the Netherlands. See Dagmar's work in Barefoot From Heaven. Scroll back into older posts so that you get a broader feel for what she does with her camera.
When I look at your blogs, sometimes, I ask myself ... Which of these photos would I like to brag was mine? Often it is very obvious to me. Sometimes picking my "winner photo" from a blog is much harder. If I can't easily pick which photo of yours I would like to brag was mine ... I keep looking deeper into previous posts. This usually means there are a ton of really good ones.
I soon discover ... I am once again being taken to photographic SKOOL. Thanks Dagmar!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hey, I hadn't thought of 'bragging rights' when I look at others pics, but it really does put it into perspective. I have seen a lot of pictures lately on this blog, and others, that really inspire me to be a better photographer.

NikonSniper said...

hey barb!
i don't mean braggin' in a bad way. i just see what others do and think i am such a dork compared to what they do. and i don't mean it in a competitive way with others. i am competing with me! i guess i am saying i just see so much more talent that i still have to grasp out there. i am encouraged by it because it just tells me what an expansive hobby photography can be to keep getting better till i fall off that final cliff trying to take the perfect photo. i promised my family that i will hold the button down every second of the fall. ha!
nikonsniper steve

Barb said...

Steve, I totally 'get' what you're saying,:) I've been spending quite a lot of time at my local Barnes and Noble lately as they have a bunch of new photography books just come in. Last night I was drooling over Moose Peterson's book (absolutely inspiring!)then came home and read your post. I would be very happy if I could say I took a couple of the pictures in his book. Not bragging, not competing, just elevating myself to be a better photographer which I believe is what you'll be doing to the very end too, right? LOL.

Maundering mutterer said...

You're absolutely right! A picture can be appreciated just for what it is - but when it inspires one and you learn from it, its even better!