Saturday, October 23, 2010

Jazzin' With Gene

Happy Jazz Saturday! This week give a listen to a piano player that always makes ya feel good. Don't run away too early. Let this song build on ya and let the incredible Gene Harris blow the doors off with his version of the great jazz standard, "Summertime". Ray Brown introduces Gene. I wish I could have met these jazz greats. Ray is perhaps the most recorded bass player in the jazz history due to his long standing career with Canadian great piano artist, Oscar Peterson. Hope you all have an awesome weekend.
NikonSniper Steve

3 comments:

siberja said...

I love this song! :)

lila Braga said...

OMG!! this is soooo lovely!

Vivian aka Deborah said...

As soon as his fingers hit the keys you could tell it was a Gershwin song. This cat sure can play the blues! Thank you for sharing this. I could sit for hours with some chocolate martinis and some good fried calamari with my husband and groove to this. : )