Saturday, October 30, 2010

Please HELP for Southern Utah & Nevada!

Hey, fellow bloggies! I could really use some help for places to go to shoot landscape photography in Southern Utah and Nevada. I have heard these areas are fantastic so I think I will jump a plane and head over there for a quick trip from December 2 to December 6. I will be flying in and out of Vegas so keep that in mind when helping with ideas. I have heard that Zion National Park is a good place to start. Any specifics would be appreciated. So PLEASE help with any ideas even if it is a bit of a stretch because I won't be wasting time shaving and combing my hair on this trip! Well, I guess that isn't really a pretty picture ... but you get what I mean.

5 comments:

becky said...

For sure Zion. Do the hike to Angel's Landing if you have time... it's only take a couple of hours & the views are incredible!!! I haven't been to Bryce, but I hear it is gorgeous as well. Red Rocks just outside of Vegas is worth checking out, too. If I can think of anything else, I'll letcha know.
:)

Tracy Mulliner said...

Valley of Fire is bewtween St. George & Vegas, just a quick jaunt from the highway. It is beautiful. I love Zion, but there is also a well know canyon called Snow Canyon just west of St George about 9 miles, very beautiful. There is also Red Rock Canyon, just a bit north of St George, maybe 10 or 11 miles. The "gorge" south of St George is amazing in the early morning hours, & it's pretty okay during the day. You'll will drive through it on your way from Vegas to St George. if you have any question, feel free to ask, I live in this area. Have a great trip.

Red Shoes said...

Zion is Great... if you are flying into Vegas, be sure to catch Hoover Dam... it is magnificent!!!

Hmmm... only four days... but if you have time, drive over to Moab, Utah... there you will find Arches National Park as well as Bryce Canyon...

I can't wait to see your photos...

~shoes~

Stephanie McGee said...

I have no specifics other than to say pay attention to the red rocks with the snow on them. Gorgeous. The mesas outside Saint George and out toward Moab are amazing.

Flutterby said...

Zion's has a tram to ride. (Closed to car traffic.) Hop off at different stops. My favorite Great White throne. Be aware that there are attack squirrels so no sandals. Hiking shoes are a better choice. May be too late in the year for Cedar Breaks but if the road isn't closed it should satisfy your desire to risk life and limb for an awesome picture. Feels like you are on top of the world. Cool pictures.