Thursday, February 23, 2012

Colorado Serenity


This photo was taken when I was killing time for a flight back to Chicago. Denver had been wisked with its first snow of the season. The morning was bright and clear with snow in the pine trees so I headed out for a drive just off the highway toward Vail, CO. It's hard to sit and view sights like this without thinking of God's creative skill and exactly how small I am in the grand scheme of things. To some people, this is just another crick! To the flatland photographer this is quite something to behold. Photography can never do justice to what your eyes can see in person.
If you look close, you might see the sections of the water blowing in the breeze while others look still due to the thin layer of frozen ice. Take care all of you and thanks so much for your kind comments! Don't forget to tell your friend about the drawing for the 1TB Hard Drive. See the NikonSniper Home Page for details.
NikonSniper Steve

14 comments:

melissa said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog!

Free Giftcards NOW said...

Once again there is another great picture of a fantastic landscape! Oh, by the way I found it quite interesting to find out that there is snow down in Denver. I live in Western Canada and we are just getting the frost.

~Son of the King~

Unknown said...

Having lived elsewhere most of my life the Blue Ridge Mountains have me fascinated while those who were born and raised here talked these old mountains for granted and can't seem to understand why I get so worked up over mountain top removal coal mining.

Dakota said...

Hey, this one is really cool! Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

As for this water every moment is anew, seeing such sights is new for me as well. Thank you for sharing. Patience and a good Thursday for you.

daily athens

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Lovely Steve. The water is so blue, almost Crater Lake blue :)

Love the texture of the rocks in the foreground and then the river draws the eye to the Mountains. Great perspective :) T.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

The sections of the water blowing in the breeze is just beautiful... Yes, Gods creation ! and thanks for sharing.

Traveling Hawk said...

I also sit in the Denver airport long time ago, waiting my connection to Santa Fe. It's a nice airport, especially the outer architecture.

Your lake photo is great!

Rosapintaolis said...

It is abeautiful place and a beatiful photo!!

Jill said...

I love your work Steve, lot's of your photo's really make me think.

Thank you

Hugs RosieP x

Dee said...

I always love looking at your awesome photo's and I like equally as well your captions.:)

Judy said...

Hi Stephen,

That's awesome! What a sight on your way to the airport. Breathtaking!

Judy

Loulou said...

There is something... surnatural in this shot... is it the light, the colours melted together... Hmmm I like it!
Take care and safe trip, always!
Loulou from New Delhi

www.indiaphragme.com

rahul said...

supercool....amazing site and your pictures