Thursday, November 10, 2011

Appointment With God

Hey bloggies!
Did you ever want to just bail out from earthlings and head to Mars for some time alone?
Well, On Wednesday night that's how I felt but all flights to Mars had left O'Hare for the day so I did the next best thing. I just jumped in my car and headed north through Wisconsin and I am now north of Minneapolis. I needed to just clear my head for a few days and get alone with God to pray. I am seeking what God would have me do with my life in the next phase. I am finally at an age where nothing was keeping me from hitting the road with cameras in hand to cruise through back roads on an aimless path.
So in the morning I'll decide what direction I'm going for the day. I really have no idea where I am going or what I'll see on this trip but I just needed to do this and let God speak to me.
I will post something on Thursday night if God drags something cool to photograph in front of me in Minnesota. By the way, please don't be offended if your from Minnesota and you didn't like being compared to Mars. I am just saying that Mars has a better climate than Minnesota. I'm not saying Minnesota is the end of the civilized earth ... but Fargo IS!
Have a great day!
NikonSniper Steve

10 comments:

Pat said...

Prayers you find the answers you seek - and some pretty cool photos too :) xx

King of New York Hacks said...

Brilliant !! With the headlines and news talkin about Kim Kardashian, Global Finance Collapse, Penn State Scandal, and a cricket in my house I can't find...Hell I wish there was a Tunnel I could take to Mars right now, or at the ver least Minnesota !! ;) Fantastic that you are on the road and doing it, safe travels and look forward to your postings ! Cheers from the NYC ! ~Edward

dianne said...

It's a great idea to get out on your own and have an adventure like this, like 'taking the long way home'... you never know what you will find and where the road will take you. I hope you get some direction from God and some wonderful new vistas to photograph.
xoxoxo ♡

Pat said...

You must be heading into some weather there, Steve. The U.P. of Michigan got 9" of snow yesterday. My good Minnesota friend, Marsha, is always sending me the current "Sven and Ole" stories. Hope you run into them as they will put your life in perspective quickly with a good laugh. Happy travels to you!

Judy said...

Praying for your journey into the "wilderness." Sounds like it's off to a good start.

Vanessa said...

I think that's what I miss most about living on a continent- the option to just drive somewhere!

Living on an island is definitely a blessing, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I just want to take a road trip and honestly 2 hours around here doesn't cut it.

I hope God shows you exactly what you need!

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I know YOU will find some fantastic shots! Have a great time and be careful on the road.

Blessings~Karen

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I am sure you will return refreshed. Time alone with God does that. Praying for you! :)

Lynda said...

Praying God warms your soul cuz the MN temps sure won't! Also, praying that HE encourages you during this wilderness time and soon shows you the next road on your journey in life.

NikonSniper said...

Lynda,
You and the rest of these dear folk are priceless to me. I am waiting on the Lord.
nikonsniper steve