Saturday, December 17, 2011

Strength In Trials

So many families have members that are unemployed or underemployed during this Christmas season. It can be a very tough and stressful time of the year. I pray that you know the Lord and can find strength and encouragement in these Bible verses. In fact, these verses are great for any trial you are experiencing.

Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

Psalm 23:1-3 - The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psalm 25:2-3, 6 -In you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse. Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.

Psalm 31:24 - Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

Psalm 33:20 - We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.

Psalm 33:22 - May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.

Psalm 37:7 - Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Psalm 39:7 - "But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.

Psalm 42:11 - Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

Psalm 46:1 - God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Psalm 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Psalm 62:5 - Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.

Psalm 65:5 - You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness, O God our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas,

Psalm 119:114 - You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

Psalm 119:116 - Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed.

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 23:18 - There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.

Isaiah 40:30-31 - Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 41:13 - For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Lamentations 3:21-22 - Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 16:33 - "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Romans 5:1-5 - Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Romans 8:24 - For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?

Romans 12:12 - Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 15:13 - May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 1:10-11 - He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

Galatians 5:5 - But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope.

Ephesians 1:17-19 - I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength,

Philippians 4:6 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Philippians 4:12-13 - I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

1 Thessalonians 1:3 - We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 - May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

1 Timothy 6:17 - Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.

Hebrews 10:23 - Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Hebrews 12:7 - Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?

1 Peter 1:13 - Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.

God bless your families with good employment opportunities!
NikonSniper Steve

5 comments:

Hannah said...

We needed these verses! In the underemployed category, but God is good, and we're thankful for the unexpected extra money He provided this month! Just in time for Christmas guests to come. He truly provides for our needs...in His time and way.

Lynda said...

Going through transition that begins with unemployment is extremely difficult. We have experienced it. God was faithful through it all!!! Praying your situation has encouragement in it, too.

Phillip said...

Amen! My brother has become unemployed due to health reasons recently. I will send him some of these verses. Thank you.

Millhouse Photography said...

Phillip and Hannah. I thank our beautiful Lord because you ARE blessed, your faith (which is a gift of God anyway - so no need to strive for it) means that the manifestation is not long away.

God Bless (he already has).

Christian.

By the way Stephen - excellent post!

Carole Barkett said...

Excellent compilation of scriptures to remind us of what's really important