Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thanking God For Protecting Our Daughter

Monday morning, January 28, 2013, I received a call from our daughter, Tara, from the emergency room of a hospital at her military base. She had been in a car accident earlier that morning. After hearing what had happened it was clear that God had placed his arms around her and protected her and her unborn baby boy through this accident on the highway. Tara is very bruised up now but was able to escape this vehicle on her own through the rear driver side door.
God saw to it that Tara was being followed on the highway that morning by doctors and nurses who were the first to arrive at the vehicle. What a God! Tara has essentially, by God's grace, mercy and protection, walked away from this potentially devastating incident with minor injuries.
Tara is herself an Army combat field medic and was taken to the nearby military hospital. We are thanking God as a family! I altered the story from the Tennessean newspaper below. See if you can guess where I changed it a bit.


 
Clarksville woman injured in one-vehicle crash on I-24
 
OAK GROVE, KY. — The Kentucky State Police investigated a single-vehicle, injury collision that occurred on I-24, at approximately the 92 mile-marker, on Monday at 7:54 a.m.

The preliminary investigation revealed that Tara Baird, 26 of Clarksville was operating a 2007 Ford Focus westbound on I-24 when it appears that the vehicle hydroplaned. Baird lost control, (this is when God Himself took control, wrapping her in His mighty to save arms) and the vehicle exited the right shoulder of the roadway. It struck an embankment and overturned several times. The vehicle came to rest upright off the roadway.

Baird was transported via ambulance to the Blanchfield Army Community Hospital for treatment. She was wearing a seatbelt. There were no passengers.

Trooper Luis Palmer investigated the collision. The Oak Grove Police Department and Oak Grove EMS assisted at the scene.

18 comments:

Montanagirl said...

Oh my - I'm so glad to hear she and the baby are okay. God works in mysterious ways!! Love the License Plate!!!

Lois Evensen said...

So wonderful that she is OK. Yes, she was in God's hands. :)

Lora said...

praising God with you!

Beacon2Light said...

Praise God for His protection and that she and the little one are okay. Cars can be replaced but people are one of a kind.

Unknown said...

I will be thanking God along with you and your family. Thanks for sharing your wonderful testimony.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Thank God for his grace. My son was in a wreck in December where a semi hit him on the expressway, kept going and slammed my son's car into a cement wall. The car was totaled but my son WALKED away, unharmed. Praise God, he is good.

Listen to Carrie Underwood's song "Jesus Take the Wheel."

Lori Skoog said...

So glad that your daughter is ok.

Elisabeth OKeefe said...

Wow, that is so great of God to show His power to you! I'm so glad no one got hurt!

Millhouse Photography said...

Praise God for his protection.

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

She was definitely under HIS wings! He's so awesome! Rejoicing with you about His perfect protection... such is His favor for His CHILDREN! :)

Jessica

Pat said...

So glad to read that she and the little one are ok. xx

Helen said...

Glad they are both safe. God is so very good!

Nava said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. Psalms 91

RCUBEs said...

Your post caught my eye as I visited friends. It brought me back to that time when I was also pregnant (4mos) and thinking a car almost hit me, braked and my car spun out of control. I let go of the steering wheel as I prayed and saw my car spinning,waiting for other cars to hit me but instead, was parked right on the emergency lane. Close to a deep embankment. I knew Jesus helped me because I asked Him.

I saw truth not alteration in the news that day:

"(this is when God Himself took control, wrapping her in His mighty to save arms)..."

God bless you and glad your daughter is okay!

ShEiLa said...

I am happy that your Tara was protected... Bruises will heal.
It is never easy to hear about a loved one in an accident and it reminds us to cherish the time on earth we have been given.

ToOdLeS.

Heidi said...

Praising the Lord along with you! So glad that your daughter is ok!

Pat said...

I am so glad that your daughter and future grandchild are okay. I do believe that God was protecting her that day.

Patrinas Pencil said...

Steve,
Sorry I missed this... but thanking the Lord for His angels!! most definitely...He took the wheel. rolling several times and she crawled her way out... praying God's continued protection over her and her unborn child. Praise Jesus for His enduring LOVE... surely goodness and mercy shall follow them all the days of their lives...

Amen!

Patrina <")>><